Sunday, January 5, 2014

Feeling A Little More Like Home


Sundays have always been my most favorite day of the week. Waking up to a new morning, and family is rushing around getting ready for church. Church has always been a big part of my life. It is a time where we go to and spend time praising the Lord, starting the week off the right way. It is also a time of seeing friends and family. A time when all of you gather together in fellowship, and praising God for all He has done for us. 

The Lord has blessed me with a church here in Uganda that feels a lot like home. The people are so welcoming, and not only that, but they literately say, “You are welcome!” Every single one of them, and welcome is exactly what I feel. Agape Baptist Church has been a huge blessing in my life here in Uganda. The worship band sings songs from home, but will not only sing in English but also in Luganda. This morning the Youth led the service. It reminded me a lot of my old church back home. They sang “Here I Am To Worship” (a song from home) and “You Are Good” (another song from home). It brought tears to my eyes hearing the lyrics of the song, “You Are Good”. The part that says..

“People from every nation and tongue,

From generation to generation,

We worship You!

Hallelujah, hallelujah,

We worship You, for who You are!”

To think about how true that is. At home, it’s hard to remember that we aren’t the only ones gathering together for church on Sunday mornings. People from all over the world, gather together, family and friends, to praise God on Sunday mornings. And it was then that I started to feel a little more at home..

After every church service, Aly and I are invited to eat lunch at Reuben and Florence’s home. Reuben is the director of AMG in Uganda and Florence is his wife. Really, they are like our adopted family. They have been a huge blessing to Aly and I. Every time we go over there, we gather together at the dinner table (just like a family), and eat a Sunday afternoon lunch. Talking, laughing, fellowshipping, and praying together, it feels a little more like home. In fact, they are a lot like a couple back home that have been mentors to me throughout my life. Back home, I would go over to their house, have lunch, pray and fellowship with them as well. They have always been and always will be like second parents to me. Reuben and Florence have been another “Sarah and Morris” to me. Again, a little more like home. They have been like second parents to Aly and me. Looking after us, making sure we feel at home, and praying over us always. It’s little things like that, that make me feel a little more at home.

- Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment