Monday, June 16, 2014

A Birthday Spent In Africa


How many people get to spend their birthday in Uganda, Africa? I think of most people my age and what they do on their 21st birthday...

For me, I didn’t go out and buy a drink. I didn’t celebrate the fact that I am “legal” now..

Instead, this is what my 21st birthday looked like..


Lovin' from the kids is all I really needed!



Aly, Byron, and the kids completely threw me off guard by throwing me a surprise party at one of the fellowships one evening. I totally did not expect it!





Quite honestly, I wouldn’t have wanted to spend my birthday any other way. I couldn’t help but to look around at the smiles of the kids, the laughter, the singing, dancing, and of course the cake they made for me!


The girls and Aly gave me a birthday card where each of them signed and said a little something.



Hugs from Shaudia :)

My 21st birthday wasn’t original..it was incredible!


- Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment