Monday, June 16, 2014

Easter In Uganda


You know what the good ole American tradition for Easter is, right? There’s always a visit from the Easter bunny who fills our Easter baskets full of candies and goodies. Well, I have to say that living in Uganda has changed my perspective in the way I look at our American holidays.

Being away from the every year traditions has forced me to go more in depth in the true meaning of Christmas and Easter. 

Aly and I spent most of Good Friday reading the story of Jesus’s resurrection. We read thru each of the Gospels. Looking at each event that occurred before His dying on the cross. 

Did I miss spending Easter with my family and waking up to some candy from the “Easter bunny”? Sure I did. Or what about dyeing Easter eggs with mama and the twins? Most definitely. It’s a fun and every year thing that my family does. And did I miss going to my own church Easter morning? Of course..

But, I will never have another Easter like the one I had here in Uganda..

And it’s because of His love and Him dying for me that I am able to be here, and have an Easter that is forever unforgettable..

Our Easter morning was spent at Agape Baptist Church. Afterwards we spent almost the entire afternoon and early evening at Aunt Florence and Reuben’s home. It was an amazing time of fellowship, great food, and of course Aunt Florence’s amazing cake and ice cream!



Later on that week, Aly and I spent time with the girls that were staying here at Upendo during the break..

And so we shared an American tradition with them. :)



- Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment