Monday, June 16, 2014

A Visit From The Parents



Early April, my parents came for a visit! God also made way for them to be here during my birthday. It truly was a blessing having them here. They were able to experience a piece of what my life is like here. They saw the beauties of Uganda, the children, the people, the culture, and most importantly what God is doing in the ministry of AMG. They experienced what it is like living most of the time without power, sometimes without water, and the utter chaos of life here. But I think in the midst of the chaos, they saw the hand of God..





During their time here we had the Saturday program, and spent time with the kids. The kids absolutely LOVED them! And I know my parents enjoyed them as well.










They were also able to meet the kids of sponsors we know back at home!




One of my most favorite things we did when they were here was visit Catherine and her family. I had only met Catherine and her mother the many times I had visited them. It was awesome to have her whole family there. 








It was such a huge blessing having two families come together as one before the Lord. 





We traveled to Igamba, and were able to do some home visits for the day. I think Igamba really captured their hearts. That’s how Igamba is with everyone..







Little Kathleen captured my mom’s heart the most. Too precious!






The next day we traveled to Murchison Falls. I am pretty sure the very first day was the most exciting! Only because these guys showed up on our veranda...






Ok, so it was really entertaining!


We went for the safari and boat ride during the time we were there. God’s creation really is incredible!













Their time here was a blessing. I look back and it amazes me how God had this all planned out. How He knew from the beginning that my entire family would experience His faithfulness and love in Uganda. 

The goodbyes were hard, but worth it all!

- Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment